Periodontal Surgery is a highly sophisticated and delicate procedure, carried out in a very limited and confined field of action, and eminently challenging. Therefore, we kindly ask you to adhere to the following instructions for you to have a more comfortable post-operative experience and faster healing.
1. Take the prescribed medication to minimize post-operative discomfort (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen), during the first 36 hours.
2. After 36 hours, it is normal for you to have slight discomfort that will last 3 or 4 days, especially when you come into contact with food or a toothbrush.
3. You will find your saliva slightly pink and tasting of blood during the first 24 hours. If any suture continues to bleed, apply continuous pressure without moving with a piece of gauze or cotton moistened with hydrogen peroxide for 5 minutes.
4. In case surgical cement has been used, remember that it should remain during 24 hours. If not, please come back to the clinic to re-apply it.
5. Do not eat nor drink anything hot during the first 24 hours.
6. Drink one or two liters more than what you would normally drink.
7. Avoid eating hard foods during the first 4 days. Eat only soft or semisoft foods such as eggs, Italian pasta, fish, bread crumbs, purées, etc.
8. Do not brush your teeth during the first 24 hours after the procedure. After 24 hours, use the toothbrush prescribed by us.
9. Rinse your mouth out with the mouthwash prescribed by us.
10. Apply a bag of ice externally for half an hour, alternating between 5 minutes of application and 5 minutes of rest.
11. We recommend not smoking during the first 48 hours, as it may slow down healing.
12. It is possible that you may experience a temporary increase in sensitivity to heat and tooth mobility.
13. If you have any questions, call us at 928 59 14 02.